Job Opportunities at Camp Bethel in Fincastle, VA
Part-time Administrative Assistant: Info coming soon.
Summer Program/Counseling Staff & Volunteers 2013: (Updates coming soon) Information and applications HERE. Join us for excellence in Christian Camping!
Summer Weekly Kitchen Staff 2013: (Updates coming soon) Information and application HERE. Begins as early as June 3, depending on availability.
Camp Bethel is looking for ministry-minded individuals to help prepare and serve meals for hundreds of campers this summer. We desire summer kitchen staff who are able serve for all eight weeks of summer camp, June 16 through August 10, plus additional training days during the weeks of June 3-15.
Two shifts are available: Monday-Friday 6:00am-1:00pm and Sunday-Friday 1:00-8:00pm. No cooking experience necessary.
Kitchen staff must be able to work on their feet for the duration of the shift and provide their own transportation to and from camp each day (on-site housing is not available for kitchen staff). Information and application HERE or e-mail Food Services Director Brigitte Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the camp office during business hours at 540-992-2940.
Come, be a part of the life-changing work of Christ at Camp Bethel this summer!
Volunteer Weekend Hosts:
Continuing throughout the year, we need volunteer weekend HOSTS to help with guest-group hospitality and facility readiness. Overnight lodging at camp is available with advance notice. Contact Barry LeNoir at 540-992-2940 or email@example.com to offer help.
Resident Volunteer: One position open beginning August 20, 2013:
Become a Resident Volunteer at Camp Bethel! You, too, can live at Camp Bethel September through May.
· Living on site in staff housing is worth $450 per month; utilities and food included. You offset this cost by serving as a weekend guest-host AND working half-time, part-time or full-time in combinations of maintenance, kitchen, cleaning, office.
· Camp Bethel provides food either from the Ark meals and left-overs or with bi-weekly grocery outings. Camp also supplies your basic cleaning and house/bath supplies.
· You get access to all the resources of camp: program supplies, tools (with permission), internet. You also get to attend camp conferences and workshops (OMA, VCC, ACA) with Barry and other camp staff.
· Your work schedule is flexible, depending on your availability from college classes, other part-time work, student teaching, etc.
· Work beyond the $450 per month offset is paid based upon $240 per week stipend for full-time resident work. For example, if you live on site and worked full-time (averaging 40 hours per week) for 4 weeks, you would earn $510 ($960 minus $450).
· Interested? E-mail a letter of interest with your fall/winter/spring availability to Barry LeNoir at firstname.lastname@example.org.
back to Camp Bethel home page